This site requires Javascript for general functionality regarding searches and applying/validation for courses. Please enable Javascript for this purpose. FAQs | Wiltshire College & University Centre Skip to Content
Frequently Asked Questions

Below you will find answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about applying for a university-level course, your interview and course offer, accommodation, support and student finance.

How do I apply for a university level course?

Check out our courses using the search bar on the homepage. Some of our university level courses are available to study either full time or part time and depending on how you wish to study, will determine what you need to do next.

If you wish to study a full time programme, you will apply for the course via UCAS. When searching for the course on UCAS, you need to enter the correct Institution Code. If you are studying a course that is validated by one of our partners, you will need to use their institution code. Please check the course page on our website for details of the correct codes.

If you wish to study part-time, you can apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button on the relevant course page on our website. You will be asked to complete an online form. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email acknowledgement within 5 days and will then receive further information from the HE Admissions team on the next steps.

Are there any opportunities to visit the College and have a tour?

The College hold regular open events throughout the year. Please check our events page for full details of upcoming events and feel free to visit us as many times as you wish. You will have the chance to meet tutors, discuss our courses, and have a tour of our facilities.

What do I need to know about my interview and course offer?

Will I need to have an interview for my course?

Some university level courses require a course interview, and some do not. Look out for emails from our HE Admissions team. You should also check UCAS track for the latest information about the status of your application.

What if I can't attend my interview?

Please contact the HE Admissions team as soon as possible so that we can book you an alternative date and time.

When will I get an offer?

Once we have all the information required to make a decision about your application, which may include your attendance at a college interview, we will update UCAS Track (for full time courses) and send you an offer by email. You may also receive emails from our partner Universities.

What happens once I have accepted my place at College on UCAS?

Our HE Admissions team will write to you over the summer with details about your course and your enrolment.

What do I need to know about results, clearing, enrolment and the start of term?

As soon as your results are available via UCAS in August, we will be able to confirm your place at College.

Is it too late to apply once I get my results?

You can apply via UCAS clearing for full time courses or direct to the college for part time courses and we would be happy to consider your application.

When do I enrol on my course?

You will be sent an email in August with details on how to enrol online.

When does my course start?

Most university level courses start during the second week of September. Bournemouth University students will start the following week. You will receive an email in the summer confirming your course start date and likely days of study each week.

When will I find out my timetable?

A full timetable will be given to you at the start of term.

What if I need to contact you during enrolment?

Our phones will be busy during this period However, you can contact our admissions team on 01225 756200 or email

How do I pay for my course?

Student Finance, Will I have to pay for my course?

Tuition fees for your course are shown on the relevant course page. If you are applying for Student Finance, please do so as soon as possible so that you do not encounter delays with your student finance. Further information about student finance can be found on our Money Matters page.

If I want to pay for my studies myself, how do I do this?

Students paying for their course will need to do so at enrolment in September. We can take a credit card, debit card, cash or cheque. The College can usually set up an instalment plan for you.

Can my employer pay for my course?

Yes. Your employer must complete an Employer’s Undertaking Form which can be downloaded here. Give the completed form to Student Services when you enrol. Wiltshire College will then invoice your employer for your course fees.

What if I have not been resident in the UK for 3 years?

If you have not been a resident in the UK for the last 3 years, you may have to pay the overseas fees, which are higher than the home student fees. It depends on your immigration status and the course you are enrolling on. Contact the HE Admissions team for more information.

Are there any university-level bursaries available to help me?

Students studying a Bournemouth University course or an Oxford Brookes University course, should refer to the respective university websites for details of bursaries available. Details of Wiltshire College bursaries are available on our website here.

University student policies and procedures

The college reviews policies, procedures and guidance each year to ensure they remain fit for purpose, are compliant with external agencies and reflect organisation change that may impact the terms referenced within the documents such as changes to function names or staff job titles. Please refer to the HE Student Handbook.

Undergraduate programme specifications

Programme specifications are intended to provide a standard format for describing Higher Education courses, in line with the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) guidelines. Every taught course has a programme specification (also called Definitive Record), describing the course aims, structure, content, the learning outcomes and the teaching-learning and assessment methods.

While programme specifications are produced mainly for internal use, they also contain information useful to current and prospective students and other stakeholders. The link to the programme specification is on the course information section for each course.

What do I need to know about accommodation and additional support?

What if I need extra support at college?

You may have had extra support at school or college that you need to continue with, or you may have worries or concerns about coming to college and need some extra support while you adjust to your new environment. Please let us know so that we can make sure you receive the support you need. You may wish to apply for DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) if you require one to one support or have need of any specialist equipment or resources, click here to find out more.

Can I live on-site?

Both our Lackham and Salisbury campuses have onsite accommodation. Please note, you should apply for accommodation as soon as you have accepted your place with us as they fill up fast! For all accommodation related enquiries visit our Accommodation page or contact us via email:

Lackham accommodation:

Salisbury accommodation:

© 2024 All Rights Reserved.

Web Design by Bluestorm