At Wiltshire College & University Centre we have a specialist team of Work Placement Officers on hand to support all our employers throughout the work placement process.
Our aim is to match individuals with your organisation and then provide support, advice and guidance to ensure all our employers and learners have a successful and beneficial placement experience.
Industry Placements and Work Experience are an integral part of all full-time study programmes at Wiltshire College & University Centre. In line with current government guidance Industry Placements can restart from Monday 12th April, whilst Work Experience is paused until further notice. Please speak to your dedicated Placement Officer to discuss all Covid-related questions.
Work Experience is a minimum of 30 hours and can be in the form of an external placement, employer-led project or event. It enables the students to get a taste for their chosen industry.
Industry Placements offer students the opportunity to gain an extended period of work experience within a professional environment. Students on Level 3 study programmes must undertake industry placements for a minimum of 315 hours. Industry placements will form part of Technical education reforms and new T Level qualifications.
The benefits of work placements to your business:
- The opportunity for you to identify potential candidates for future employment or an apprenticeship
- Plugs skills gaps by working side by side with the student to help develop the skills you may require in the future
- An opportunity to support learners in gaining the skills employers want
- Helps to bridge the gap between education and employment
- Develops existing staff with the opportunity to upskill, coach and mentor your future workplace
- Flexible working arrangements
- Gain extra resource for day-to-day projects
- Bring in new, imaginative ideas