In November 2022, the College was inspected by Ofsted and rated as a GOOD college. See the Ofsted full report.
Iain Hatt, Principal and CEO said: “Everybody at the College is delighted with the result. This achievement is a testament to the hard work of all learners and staff across all of our courses and campuses and the manner in which they have overcome the challenges of returning to normality since the pandemic. I am particularly pleased with the recognition for the College’s industry-aligned curriculum plans and our commitment to developing learners who possess the skills that match the workplace needs of the local area."
- “Learners and apprentices are motivated to do well and achieve their goals.”
- “Learners and apprentices study in a caring and nurturing environment. Teachers and trainers skilfully create a calm and inclusive atmosphere in classrooms and workshops”
- “Most learners and apprentices have a positive attitude towards their education or training.”
- “Teachers and trainers use their wealth of knowledge to support learners and apprentices well.”
- “Leaders have a clear strategic focus that aligns well to the current and future skills required by the communities that the college serves.”
- “Leaders and managers have created purposeful vocational curriculums with well-considered progression routes. As a result, most learners and apprentices develop the vocational skills they need to move on to their career goals."
You can find out more about the College’s current performance ratings on the National 16 – 18 Performance Table.