A Senior Leader will develop clear, inclusive and strategic leadership and direction relating to their area of responsibility within their organisation. Your role will typically involve setting, managing and monitoring achievement of core objectives that are aligned to the overall strategic objectives of your organisation. You may work in a smaller organisation and are likely to contribute to the execution and achievement of these strategic objectives. A Senior Leader influences at a higher organisational level, including sometimes at Board (or equivalent) level, and will set the culture and tone across your area of responsibility. You may work in varied environments including in an office, onsite, or remotely and demonstrate a high level of flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the organisation.
What will I learn?
You will learn strategic management skills to cover the knowledge, skills and behaviours for the standard. Your duties will include:
· Set the overall strategic direction of your area of responsibility in partnership with the Board (or equivalent), encouraging employees to buy into the organisation’s vision.
· Lead on the development and critical review of operational policies and practices within your area of responsibility, to ensure they are aligned to the needs of the organisation and remain fit for purpose and sustainable.
· Lead and influence agreed projects to deliver organisational strategy such as change and agile transformation programmes, diversification, new product implementation, and customer experience improvement.
· Make decisions about organisational resource requirements (budgets, people, technology) based on strategic insight and reliable evidence.
· Lead and respond to crisis management, assessing the risks and opportunities which could affect business/department performance, and finding solutions that meet the needs of both the organisation and its customers/stakeholders in a responsible and ethical way.
· Lead people development including talent management, succession planning, workforce design, and coaching, and mentoring arrangements for people within their area of responsibility.
· Promote an ethical, inclusive, innovative and supportive culture that generates continuous business improvement.
· Report to the Board (or relevant governance/management structure) on the progress of their operational activities towards achieving business goals.
· Cultivate and maintain collaborative relationships with key senior internal and external stakeholders to influence key decision makers as appropriate.
· Proactively keep up to date with social, economic and technological trends and developments relevant to their area of responsibility and wider organisation and promote innovation to address changing requirements and to take advantage of new opportunities.
· Ensure that your area of responsibility is compliant with internal governance, such as any assurance framework requirements, and with external governance, such as any regulatory and statutory requirements.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
The entry requirements for this apprenticeship will be decided by each employer but may typically be five GCSEs at grade C or higher.
Wiltshire College offers applicants continuous enrolment dates throughout the year for this apprenticeship.
You must have secured a position with an employer and be ready to start working with them before you can begin your apprenticeship course.
If you already have an employer and they have agreed to put you through an apprenticeship, contact the Apprenticeship team and we'll get you started. Email email@example.com or call 0845 345 2235.
If you don’t have an employer, you can still apply for an apprenticeship directly - check out our latest apprenticeship vacancies here: https://www.wiltshire.ac.uk/information/apprenticeship-faqs/apprenticeship-vacancies
Additional Costs and Information
The duration of this apprenticeship will take 18 to 24 months to complete and is delivered solely in the workplace.