This is a one-day course at Lackham which is situated between Lacock and Chippenham. The course is designed for everyone but for those with a particular interest in roses and how to make more of them! All gardening equipment and materials will be provided – please do NOT bring gardening equipment with you, especially anything with a ‘sharp edge’.The day is designed to be relaxed and fun, and there are no tests although we will guide you towards ‘better practice'. There is some ‘heavy work’ but if this is a challenge you will of course not have to physically engage.
What will I learn?
On the day itself, you will learn about the different types of roses, how to prune rambling roses and the technique for propagation. There will be discussion on the development of a National Rambling Rose Collection at Lackham.
We will try to answer your gardening questions, please do bring these with you!
There are no entry requirements associated with this course.
Additional Costs and Information
There are no additional course costs.
You should bring with you:
· Wear work suitable clothing, this is a practical course
· Water-proof coats and trousers, we will try to miss the wet if possible, but it is autumn!
· Steel toe-capped boots (NO open-toed shoes sandals etc because of safety issues)
· Packed lunch/drinks/snacks - there is no catering provision available
· Pen, pencil, notebook, etc.
What Could I Do Next?
Progression, Work in your own garden, apply for an allotment, take over a neighbour’s plot, RHS Courses or apprenticeships here at Lackham! Volunteer in a local Garden (NT, Council, Cemetery, Nursing Home etc).