Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
This qualification is designed for people who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of workplace violence and harassment across any sector.This will focus on the study of possible causes of violence in the workplace and how to reduce the risk of workplace violence and harassment. The objectives of this qualification are to provide you with an understanding of how organisational policies and procedures can contribute to a safe working environment, provide you with an understanding of why workplace violence may occur, the possible causes and how the risk of workplace violence can be reduced, and give you an understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
What will I learn?
On this course, you will learn how to contribute to a positive and safe working environment, by giving you an understanding of how organisational policies and procedures can contribute to creating a positive and safe working environment and you will also gain an understanding of risk assessments and how to promote a positive and supportive workplace culture.
You will understand the possible causes of violence in the workplace, how to reduce the risk of workplace violence and reporting procedures to follow when workplace violence occurs. This will incorporate an understanding of aggressive behaviour, bullying and harassment in the workplace, and you will learn techniques to de-escalate such behaviour and outline the impact that aggressive communications can have on the workplace.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
• You are given a personal login to e-assessor, and online portal, where you will submit your work for each unit.
• The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Upon completing this certificate, you could progress onto the following Wiltshire College and University Centre courses: • Level 2 Certificate in Team Leading • Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity