Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
This qualification is perfect for you if you wish to understand the approaches to care and support of those with mental health problems. The course aims to raise awareness of the role of the mental health worker as well as the process and approaches involved in the care and support of those who experience ill mental health.This is ideal for you if you wish to progress in the health and social care industry or wish to start a new career within it, giving you an understanding of methods to support those with mental health needs. It will also enable you to progress to other qualifications in health care and social care.
What will I learn?
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs, you'll be required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units:
- Understand the role of the mental health worker
- Mental health and mental health issues
- Understand duty of care in adult health and social care
- Approaches to care and management in mental health
- Understanding change and support in relation to mental health
Each unit is designed to give you an in depth understanding of mental health and how to handle yourself under different circumstances.
- You should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- You need to be a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- You cannot be enrolled if you are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons with a lecturer.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- You will have 4 months to complete this course.
Additional Costs and Information
All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
If you choose to enroll you can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
This is a knowledge related course, so no real work environment placement is required.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Health and Social Care
- Occupational Therapist
- Community Outreach Worker
- Healthcare Assistant
- Care Worker
- Adult Nurse
- Youth Worker
- Social Worker