Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
This course is ideal for you if you wish to progress in the health and social care industry or wish to start a new career within it. There are 4 units in this course, to achieve this certificate you need to be able to demonstrate your understanding of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units by completing a portfolio. You are required to successfully complete the following 4 mandatory units:Understand medication and prescriptions.- Supply, storage and disposal of medication. - Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication. - Record-keeping and audit processes for medicationDo not fear though, if you’re not successful you can resubmit work within the registration period.
What will I learn?
This qualification aims to help you develop:
- A general understanding of different types of medication and their use.
- Knowledge of the procedures for obtaining, string, administering and disposing of medication.
- An understanding of legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of responsibility and accountability.
- An understanding of the record keeping process for medication.
The objectives of this qualification is to prepare you for further training and to support in the workplace.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means you do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a lecturer.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- You have 4 months to complete this course
Additional Costs and Information
You must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England. - NCFE Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care. - NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care. - Advanced Level Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care.