Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
During this course you will be required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units:- Understanding diabetes - Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes - Understand the initial care of diabetes - Understand the treatment and management of diabetes.You must successfully demonstrate your achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units. If you are unsuccessful you will get another chance to resubmit work within the registration period.You will need to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates your understanding of each unit.
What will I learn?
This qualification aims to:
- Provide an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur.
- Develop awareness of how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes.
- Develop understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care.
- Develop understanding of on-going care and treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Give you the knowledge and understanding of diabetes to support your role in the workplace within the healthcare and social care industry, whether you’re intending to work, in healthcare and social care knowledge and understanding of diabetes to support their role in the workplace.
- Enable you to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
- You should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a lecturer.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- You will have 4 months to complete this course.
Additional Costs and Information
You must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Health and Social Care
- Occupational Therapist
- Community Outreach Worker
- Healthcare Assistant
- Care Worker
- Adult Nurse
- Youth Worker
- Social Worker