Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
"As demand increases on our Health and Care System, digital technology plays a huge role in the transformation of care. TSA are delighted to work with NCFE, CACHE to launch the first Level 2 Qualification in Understanding Technology Enabled Care and how it can improve the quality outcomes for People. This powerful resource will empower our Care workforce to think differently about how CARE is delivered and putting people at the heart and centre of everything we do." - TSA, The voice of Technology Enabled Care.This qualification is suitable for those who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of Technology Enabled Care (TEC), and how a range of technology can be used to improve individuals’ quality of life and help to support them to live independently.This qualification aims to focus on the study of TEC in the health and social care industry and to offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge. You will gain an understanding of TEC, which can be used to help support an individual’s quality of life, and learn to understand person-centred care approaches to TEC that can be used to help support independence, health and well-being.
What will I learn?
On this course, you will be given an introduction to Technology Enabled Care. This involves gaining an understanding of what Technology Enabled Care is, and how it provides a range of technology-based solutions that can be used to improve an individuals’ quality of life and support them to live as independently as possible by focusing on their individual needs.
You will learn about roles and responsibilities in relation to Technology Enabled Care, where you will gain an understanding of the different roles and responsibilities in relation to the appropriate use of Technology Enabled Care. You will also cover an introduction to legislation, safeguarding and regulatory requirements in relation to Technology Enabled Care, too.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor. You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit. Once work is submitted this is automatically sent to your assessor for marking.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: • Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care • Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care • Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care