Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
Have you always wanted to work in the retail industry? Perhaps you dream of opening your own little shop or managing a great team for a great company? This qualification provides you with underpinning knowledge and understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector. The course is designed to help you pursue an exciting new career, helping you understand how to be the best of the best within the retail industry. This course will make you more appealing to employers and provide you with the knowledge to advance onto a managerial role if you so wish to do so.This qualification will:- Introduce the retail industry to those new to or seeking employment in this area - Help you develop an understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector - Prepare you to progress into a range of higher-level qualifications within the retail sector, including more practical qualifications where your knowledge can be put into practice.
What will I learn?
You will develop an understanding of a wide range of retail subjects, such as dealing with customers in various contexts, handling cash, stock management and retail law. The optional units give you the opportunity to undertake learning programs specific to their interests or aspirations within the retail sector.
This course consists of the following units:
- Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Understanding the retail selling process
- Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Understanding retail consumer law
- Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means you won’t have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills - Advanced Apprenticeship in Retail (Specialist, Management, Visual Merchandising or Sales Professional pathway).