Key course information
Health, Care and Early Years
Apply for this course
Have you always wanted to work in the retail industry? Perhaps you dream of opening your own little shop or managing a great team for a great company? This qualification provides you with underpinning knowledge and understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector. The course is designed to help you pursue an exciting new career, helping you understand how to be the best of the best within the retail industry. This course will make you more appealing to employers and provide you with the knowledge to advance onto a managerial role if you so wish to do so.This qualification will:- Introduce the retail industry to those new to or seeking employment in this area - Help you develop an understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector - Prepare you to progress into a range of higher-level qualifications within the retail sector, including more practical qualifications where your knowledge can be put into practice.
What will I learn?
You will develop an understanding of a wide range of retail subjects, such as dealing with customers in various contexts, handling cash, stock management and retail law. The optional units give you the opportunity to undertake learning programs specific to their interests or aspirations within the retail sector.
This course consists of the following units:
- Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Understanding the retail selling process
- Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Understanding retail consumer law
- Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
- You should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- You need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- You cannot be enrolled if you are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means you won’t have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
Learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
You can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Health, Care and Early Years
- Teaching Assistant
- Youth Worker
- Social Worker
- Children's Nurse
At any one time, there are over 80,000 social care vacancies in England
Researchers note babies may cry with the intonation of their mother tongue