Key course information
Catering and Hospitality
Apply for this course
Working in hospitality is all about excellent customer service. Teamwork, communication and high standards are at the heart of customer service. This online qualification will help you demonstrate your understanding of these key principles, honing your skills and building your employability.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover four mandatory units, developing your understanding of the core principles of excellent customer service. These include effective teamwork, the relevant legislation and guidance and professional personal standards in the hospitality sector.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 month
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship