Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
This qualification aims to give you knowledge and understanding of the key principles of dignity, duty of care, and safeguarding as applied to adult health and social care. You’ll investigate these principles and understand how they are applied in everyday work contexts. You will also have an opportunity to examine the dilemmas and consequences that can arise when these principles are not upheld. Tailor your learning to suit you with this flexible online course that is aimed to prepare you for further training and to support working in settings where you may interact with vulnerable adults.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover four mandatory units: understanding safeguarding, the principles of dignity, the duty of care and dilemmas and public concerns in the context of adult health and social care.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
NCFE Level 2 or Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England.NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care.