Key course information
Computing and Information Technology
Apply for this course
This qualification will allow you to demonstrate an understanding of data protection and security, helping you progress to a work role where knowledge of data protection and security is required. You’ll gain an understanding of current relevant legislation, and knowledge of the processes taken to protect systems and data. If you’re interested in further study in business, administration, law or Information Technologies, this qualification will help you build a skills portfolio. You can tailor your learning to suit you with this flexible, distance-learning qualification.
What will I learn?
Your learning will be spread over four mandatory units. You’ll cover current data protection legislation, organisational procedures concerning data, threats to ICT systems and data, and the consequences of not protecting your data. You’ll also gain an understanding of how to protect your own data.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 3 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Admin Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading