Key course information
Apply for this course
This qualification will increase your knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses. You’ll be enabled to promote the development and well-being of the infants and children you support and care for between the ages of 0 and 5 years old. Tailor your learning to suit you with this online, distance-learning course, honing your skills and building your knowledge at a pace that suits you.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover three mandatory units: how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children, how to understand common childhood illnesses, and how to understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 3 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People - Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning