Key course information
Apply for this course
This qualification will increase your knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses. You’ll be enabled to promote the development and well-being of the infants and children you support and care for between the ages of 0 and 5 years old. Tailor your learning to suit you with this online, distance-learning course, honing your skills and building your knowledge at a pace that suits you.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover three mandatory units: how to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies and young children, how to understand common childhood illnesses, and how to understand health emergencies and specific health conditions in an early years setting.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 3 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Nursery Manager
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)
- Children's Nurse
- Child Psychologist