This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the principles of climate change and environmental awareness. It will ensure learners understand the nature of climate change and the role they can play in helping to reduce carbon emissions. Through achieving the qualification, learners will gain the knowledge and understanding to act as drivers of positive change within the workplace and at home.
What will I learn?
This qualification aims to:
• focus on the study of environmental awareness and carbon footprint reduction associated with a wide range of workplaces and linked to the lifestyles of individuals
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge that is relevant, and can be applied, across a variety of sectors.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
• become familiar with the basics of the environment and climate change
• develop an understanding of environmental protection and the action that can be taken within the workplace to mitigate the damaging impact of industry on the environment
• explore how the lifestyle of an individual can be environmentally
• detrimental, while offering an insight into ways to reduce their carbon footprint.
It is made up of three mandatory units as follows:
• Understand climate change, sustainability and environmental protection
• Understand industry and the environment
• Understand resource efficiency and waste management
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This course is delivered purely online with digital content. Upon enrolment Learners are sent login details for our e-assessor system where they will access all course materials including workbooks and questions. Learners will also submit all work via this system which will then be marked by an Assessor and feedback provided.
Due to the nature of these Distance Learning courses, the emphasis is very much on self-directed study.
Learners should be able to take all the information needed to complete the course from the Workbooks but will also receive high level support from their Assessor and the Distance Learning Team.
Each unit will have a set deadline so Learners can plan their study time to fit in with these dates.
Learners must be aged 19 years or over.
Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years.
Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of London, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority, the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, the West Midlands Combined Authority, the Tees Valley Combined Authority, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland Combined Authority, the Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined Authority and the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
What Could I Do Next?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: • Level 3 Award in Business Management for the Environment and Landbased Sector • Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management • Level 3 Diploma in Energy Management