Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
The purpose of this qualification is to provide you with knowledge and understanding of business improvement techniques, which can be applied across many different sectors and job roles. This qualification aims to focus on the study of business improvement techniques.The objectives of this qualification are to provide you with the knowledge and understanding in a range of areas, including safe and effective team working, visual management systems, problem solving, and an understanding of continuous improvement techniques and their application in the workplace.This is a knowledge only qualification; work or industry placement experience is not required, nor is experience in the real work environment.
What will I learn?
On this course, you will learn how to work in a safe and effective team, you will understand workplace organisation, and how to effectively problem solve. You will understand regulations, safe working practices and procedures that apply to a work area, and be able to identify hazards and risks and how they can be reduced.
You will understand the principles and techniques that support workplace organisation and the benefits of having an organised work environment, and you will learn and understand the benefits of visual management systems and how they can be used to improve the work environment.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• You must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
• This course is free; however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one CACHE NCFE course at a time.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Upon completing this certificate, you could progress onto the following Wiltshire College and University Centre courses: • Level 2 Business and Administration • Level 3 Business Administrator