Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
This qualification is designed for people who want to enter and/or progress from entry roles in the Warehousing and Storage industries. You will develop the underpinning knowledge necessary to support you in your role in this sector.Completion of this qualification will support progression into employment or higher-level roles in the industry. The qualification is ideal for those not in employment, or who cannot access an Apprenticeship.This qualification will focus on the study of the warehousing and storage industry and offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge. The objectives of this qualification are to allow you to progress to employment within the warehousing and storage industry to provide informed and prepared potential employees.
What will I learn?
There are 5 units to this course. These cover an introduction to warehousing and storage, where you will gain an overview of warehousing and storage. You will learn about how to receive and store goods and understand how to process orders and prepare them for dispatch.
You will gain an understanding of how to check stock and update records and you will also be covering customer service in warehousing and storage.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor. You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit. Once work is submitted this is automatically sent to your assessor for marking.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: • Level 3 Award in Warehousing • Level 3 Diploma in Warehousing and Storage.It may also be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sector: • Retail and Commercial Enterprise