Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
If you work in a health care setting, an understanding of infection and control is essential for your workplace role. This flexible, distance-learning qualification will introduce you to the meaning and importance of infection control. You’ll gain an overview of the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive, and the ways that they can be spread. You’ll also cover the methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection. Tailor your learning to your needs with this online course, hone your professional skills and prepare for employment or further study.
What will I learn?
This qualification contains four mandatory units. You’ll cover the causes and spread of infection, the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection, the principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management, and the principles of infection prevention and control.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- NCFE Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England. - NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines.