Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
End of life care requires an understanding of the complexities involved in managing pain and discomfort, loss and grief, and the role of the care worker throughout these processes. This online, distance-learning qualification is for you if you are working or intending to work in healthcare and social care, and require an understanding of end of life care to support your role. It will enable you to progress onto other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
What will I learn?
The course covers six mandatory units. These will provide you with an understanding of how to work in end of life care, care planning, providing support in managing pain and discomfort, the relationship between end of life care and dementia, the role of the care worker in the time of death, and an understanding of loss and grief in end of life care.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 3 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England. - Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care.