Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
This flexible, distance-learning course will develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles of caring for those with dementia. It covers areas such as person-centred care, the influence of positive communication methods, issues relating to the use of medication for those with dementia and the importance of providing appropriate activities. The qualification will provide you with the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for working in or towards a dementia care role. Hone your professional skills and tailor your learning to suit your busy lifestyle with this online course.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover seven mandatory units, giving you an understanding of various key aspects of dementia care. You’ll increase your dementia awareness and appreciate the need for a person-centred approach in caring and supporting individuals with dementia. You’ll understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia, and cover the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care. You’ll be introduced to the administration of medication using a person-centred approach, understand behaviour in the context of dementia, and the benefits of engaging in activities in social care.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Health and Social Care
- Occupational Therapist
- Community Outreach Worker
- Healthcare Assistant
- Care Worker
- Adult Nurse
- Youth Worker
- Social Worker