Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
If you work with people with learning disabilities, this online, distance-learning qualification will help take your career further and hone your professional skills, giving you the principles and awareness necessary for working with individuals with high needs. You’ll explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk-taking, and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum. This course is particularly valuable if you work in sectors such as healthcare, social care, education or housing support. Tailor your learning to your lifestyle with this flexible course, and build your portfolio of the essential knowledge to reach your goals.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover six mandatory units. These will give you a grounding in the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities, and the principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care. You’ll be introduced to personalization in social care, and learn the principles of positive risk taking for individuals with learning disabilities. You’ll gain an introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions, and an understanding of how to support individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce. - NCFE Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England.