This qualification aims to provide learners with the underpinning knowledge that is required by employees to work in a range of different environments within a customer service role.
What will I learn?
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
• develop essential knowledge of how to carry out customer service tasks, such as how to manage information and supporting events
• know how to apply their knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
It is made up of seven mandatory units as follows:
• Principles of customer service and delivery
• Understand customers
• Understand employer organisations
• Understand how to communicate with customers
• Understand how to develop customer relationships
• Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers
• Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This course is delivered purely online with digital content. Upon enrolment Learners are sent login details for our e-assessor system where they will access all course materials including workbooks and questions. Learners will also submit all work via this system which will then be marked by an Assessor and feedback provided.
Due to the nature of these Distance Learning courses, the emphasis is very much on self-directed study.
Learners should be able to take all the information needed to complete the course from the Workbooks but will also receive high level support from their Assessor and the Distance Learning Team.
Each unit will have a set deadline so Learners can plan their study time to fit in with these dates.
Learners must be aged 19 years or over.
Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years.
Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of London, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority, the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, the West Midlands Combined Authority, the Tees Valley Combined Authority, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland Combined Authority, the Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined Authority and the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
Additional Costs and Information
The allotted time for completion of this course is four months.
What Could I Do Next?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: • NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service • NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service • NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service • NCFE Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Customer Service