Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
Further your career in customer service with this flexible, distance-learning qualification. Excellent customer service requires a range of skills: from teamwork to independent learning and problem solving, to interpersonal skills, communication and appropriate dress. Tailor your learning to own needs and hone your professional skills, building a skills portfolio which is essential when seeking employment.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn some familiar key skills, such as teamwork, independent learning and problem solving. You’ll also acquire some skills which are harder to measure, such as an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress, appropriate interpersonal skills, excellent communication, supporting other employees and understanding the function and practices of different roles within an organisation. The course consists of seven mandatory units, covering customer service and delivery, understanding customers, employer organisations, communications and relationships with customers, resolving problems and developing working relationships.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service - NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service