Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
If you’re looking to work in business administration or onto higher level studies in this area, tailor your learning to suit you with this online, distance-learning qualification. You’ll be provided with the knowledge underpinning a variety of business administration roles in a range of different environments.
What will I learn?
You’ll develop essential knowledge of how to carry out administrative tasks, such as how to manage information and support events. Throughout the course, you’ll cover five mandatory units, and two further units chosen by the College. These are as follows:
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand communication in a business environment
- Understand employer organisations
- Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues
- Understand how to carry out business administration tasks
- Understand how to store, retrieve and archive information
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration - NCFE Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration