Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
The purpose of this qualification is to give learners the skills to support colleagues with mental health problems. These skills will be gained by increasing the learner’s knowledge and understanding of mental health conditions and the principles of mental health first aid and how this can be implemented in the workplace. To achieve the NCFE Level 2 Certificate for this course, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units. Learners who aren’t successful can resubmit work within the registration period. Each candidate must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. On completion of each unit candidates must declare that the work produced is their own.
What will I learn?
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace, learners are required to successfully complete three mandatory units. These are as follows:
• Exploring Mental Health
• Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health
• Understand a mentally healthy environment
•Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
• Learners need to of been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
• Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
• You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
• The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 6 months.
Additional Costs and Information
All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: • Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care • Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care