Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
This qualification aims to improve business performance through the continuous professional development of employees and their skill set. The primary purpose of this qualification is to develop your understanding of lean organisation techniques in business. You’ll understand business improvement tools and techniques and learn how to work effectively in a business team. You’ll develop valuable transferable skills which employers can draw on to support the improvement of business performance. This qualification will support your progression in employment or to further learning. This qualification has been developed in partnership with industry experts in the area of business. It’s been mapped against the relevant Business Improvement and Management and Leadership NOS and will provide you with a nationally recognised qualification in business.
What will I learn?
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Lean Organisation Management Techniques, learners are required to successfully complete three mandatory units: lean organisation techniques in business, business improvement tools and techniques, working in business teams. The units will help you to develop your existing experience and skills and will support you in pursuing your career in lean organisation management.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Assessment requirements: portfolio of evidence is internally assessed and moderated, and then externally moderated. Each candidate must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit.
This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor. You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit. Once work is submitted this is automatically sent to your assessor for marking.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
This qualification could provide you with the skills and knowledge needed for employment in a range of job roles in a wide variety of sectors where business improvement techniques are required.