Key course information
Apply for this course
This online, distance-learning qualification is designed to give you a basic understanding of childcare and education. You’ll be equipped to make informed choices about working with children and young people, and prepared to go into further learning and training. Tailor your learning around your lifestyle and progress your professional goals with this flexible qualification.
What will I learn?
This qualification consists of seven mandatory units, which will prepare you to work with young children across a variety of settings including education and care. The units are:
- Young children’s development.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Respecting and valuing children.
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet.
- Importance of play for early learning
- The value of play to young children
- Sharing learning experiences with children
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 2 Children and Young people’s mental health. - Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce qualification.