Key course information
Apply for this course
This online, distance-learning qualification is designed to give you a basic understanding of childcare and education. You’ll be equipped to make informed choices about working with children and young people, and prepared to go into further learning and training. Tailor your learning around your lifestyle and progress your professional goals with this flexible qualification.
What will I learn?
This qualification consists of seven mandatory units, which will prepare you to work with young children across a variety of settings including education and care. The units are:
- Young children’s development.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Respecting and valuing children.
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet.
- Importance of play for early learning
- The value of play to young children
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Nursery Manager
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)
- Children's Nurse
- Child Psychologist