Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
This flexible, online, distance-learning qualification will develop your skills and practice when giving information, advice or guidance. This course is particularly suitable if you are employed in sectors such as local authorities, careers advice services, voluntary sector organisations, student services, citizen advice services, housing associations. The qualification aims to develop your knowledge and understanding of the key principles of information, advice or guidance, and how to apply these within your own context. You’ll be prepared for further training, and to support a role where you will be giving initial information, advice or guidance to others.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover five mandatory units, giving you a solid foundation in the contexts and practises used while giving information, advice or guidance. These are:
- Developing Interaction skills for information, advice or guidance.
- Information, advice or guidance in practice.
- Information, Advice and Guidance – context.
- Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance.
- Information, advice or guidance with groups.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Advice and Guidance - Level 3 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance