Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
The health and leisure industry is bigger than ever. Whether you want to work as a personal trainer, dietician or in health and social care, it’s essential to have a real understanding of the principles and theories behind exercise, health and nutrition. This online, distance-learning course will help you gain understanding of the positive effects of exercise on long-term health and wellbeing, giving you the skills needed to implement exercise plans accompanied by the appropriate nutritional requirements.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn about the impact of diet, nutrition and exercise on personal health. You’ll gain key skills in guiding others to exercise safely and appropriately, and you’ll learn the importance of personal motivation, setting goals and targets.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Level 2 and 3 Certificate/Diploma in Sport