Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
The health and leisure industry is bigger than ever. Whether you want to work as a personal trainer, dietician or in health and social care, it’s essential to have a real understanding of the principles and theories behind exercise, health and nutrition. This online, distance-learning course will help you gain understanding of the positive effects of exercise on long-term health and wellbeing, giving you the skills needed to implement exercise plans accompanied by the appropriate nutritional requirements.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn about the impact of diet, nutrition and exercise on personal health. You’ll gain key skills in guiding others to exercise safely and appropriately, and you’ll learn the importance of personal motivation, setting goals and targets.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Level 2 and 3 Certificate/Diploma in Sport