Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
Whether you want to study further in this field, or simply develop your personal and professional outlook, this online, distance-learning course will give you a foundation in equality and diversity on which to build your thinking and practice. This qualification has been developed in order to address new legislation in this area, reinforcing the importance of equality and diversity within different contexts. You’ll gain an understanding of the different issues affecting equality and diversity in today’s society, the community and the workplace.
What will I learn?
This qualification aims to introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace. The course highlights how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals and outlines the effects of prejudice and discrimination. You will examine rights and responsibilities and learn the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 3 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Qualifications in Principles of Equality and Diversity at Level 3 or above. - Qualifications in Managing Equality and Diversity in organisations at Level 3 or above.