Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
Whether you want to study further in this field, or simply develop your personal and professional outlook, this online, distance-learning course will give you a foundation in equality and diversity on which to build your thinking and practice. This qualification has been developed in order to address new legislation in this area, reinforcing the importance of equality and diversity within different contexts. You’ll gain an understanding of the different issues affecting equality and diversity in today’s society, the community and the workplace.
What will I learn?
This qualification aims to introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace. The course highlights how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals and outlines the effects of prejudice and discrimination. You will examine rights and responsibilities and learn the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 3 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Qualifications in Principles of Equality and Diversity at Level 3 or above. - Qualifications in Managing Equality and Diversity in organisations at Level 3 or above.