Key course information
Computing and Information Technology
Apply for this course
The purpose of this qualification is to allow you to demonstrate understanding of, and competency in, digital literacy skills. It will help you progress to a work role where digital literacy skills are required.The objectives of this qualification are to enable you to understand how to protect devices and data, communicate socially and professionally using technology, apply digital skills in personal and business situations, and use digital resources to facilitate your career progression.
What will I learn?
On this course, you will learn how to use and manage information, how to keep yourself and others safe when using digital services, and how to communicate and collaborate online. You will also learn how to develop your digital career.
This course will help you to understand how to evaluate the information, understand copyright, and be able to store information in line with organisational procedures. You will discover the importance of protecting personal and business’ data and devices and learn how to use equipment in line with health and safety legislation. You will be taught how to manage and promote your digital reputation and online identity, how to use social media and the internet to search for voluntary and paid employment, and you will learn how to use technology to facilitate personal and professional learning and career progression.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor or London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
• You are given a personal login to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
• The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
• This course is an online-only qualification, so you will need access to the internet to complete this.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Upon completing this certificate, you could progress onto the following Wiltshire College and University Centre courses: • Level 2 Business and Administration • Level 3 Business Administrator