Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
This qualification is designed to act as an introduction and enable you to develop the knowledge and understanding required to work with customers within the health and social care sector. ‘Customers’ in this context refers to internal and external customers, including people who use services, their supporters, visitors, health professionals and providers of other services. This qualification will focus on the study of customer service in health and social care; the objectives of this qualification are to help you develop an awareness of customer service in health and social care, understand how to communicate effectively in a health and social care setting, understand the needs of customers who access health and social care services, and to understand teamwork in health and social care settings. This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore, no real work environment placement is required.
What will I learn?
On this course, you will learn to deliver customer service in health and social care settings, you will understand the specific needs of customers accessing health and social care services, and learn about effective communication and teamwork in health and social care settings. You will look at the expectations of customers within health and social care settings and the standards and values that employees in these settings should uphold, and you will explore a range of specific needs of customers accessing health and social care services and understand how to adapt communication styles and approaches for customers with specific needs.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
• This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
• You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, and online portal, where you will submit your work for each unit.
• The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Upon completing this certificate, you could progress onto the following Wiltshire College and University Centre courses: • Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions • Level 2 Certificate in the Awareness of Mental Health Problems • Level 2 Diploma in Care