Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
Build on your skill portfolio with this online, distance-learning qualification in counselling skills. Four mandatory units will give you a portfolio of knowledge to build on your workplace practice, with theory and personal development at the heart of the course. Whether you’re looking for employment or wanting to further your career in a diverse range of sectors, tailor your learning to suit your busy lifestyle with an online login and the flexibility to learn when it suits you.This qualification consists of 4 mandatory units:- Using counselling skills. - Introduction to counselling skills theories. - Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills. - Counselling skills and personal development. To achieve the certificate for this course, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units. Learners who aren’t successful can resubmit work within the registration period.Each candidate must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement with each unit. On completion of each unit, candidates must declare that the work produced is their own.
What will I learn?
You may never have considered the counselling skills we use in everyday life and work. This course aims to introduce you to the approaches that underpin these skills. You’ll learn about using counselling skills and be provided with an introduction to the theories of counselling. The course covers diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills, and crucially relates counselling to personal development. By the end of the qualification understand different approaches to counselling, appreciate the importance of self-development while supporting others and develop your own skills to put into practice or to progress with further study.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 2 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory. - NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills.