Key course information
Apply for this course
This online qualification is designed to increase awareness and knowledge of children and young people’s mental health. If you’re a practitioner, seeking a career in the sector or simply wanting to build on your own skills, this course will provide you with a foundation in various aspects of mental health in context. As a distance learning course, you’ll be given a personal log in and submit work online, with four months to complete the qualification with a portfolio of evidence of your work.
What will I learn?
Five mandatory units will give you a thorough grounding in the factors, concerns, contexts and impact of children and young people’s mental health. You’ll learn how to support children and young people with mental health concerns, developing your knowledge to progress onto further qualifications or into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sector.
- Learners should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- Learners need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- Learners cannot be enrolled if they are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
- All learners must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course.
- This course is free, however we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
- Learners can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning. - Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England).