Key course information
Apply for this course
This online qualification is designed to increase awareness and knowledge of children and young people’s mental health. If you’re a practitioner, seeking a career in the sector or simply wanting to build on your own skills, this course will provide you with a foundation in various aspects of mental health in context. As a distance learning course, you’ll be given a personal log in and submit work online, with four months to complete the qualification with a portfolio of evidence of your work.
What will I learn?
Five mandatory units will give you a thorough grounding in the factors, concerns, contexts and impact of children and young people’s mental health. You’ll learn how to support children and young people with mental health concerns, developing your knowledge to progress onto further qualifications or into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sector.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means learners do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a tutor.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning. - Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England).