Key course information
Apply for this course
Working int the care industry is dynamic and rewarding, this high end qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to manage a practice and lead others in health and social care and children and young people’s services.The Advanced Practice pathway is aimed at senior practitioners who would like to develop their career but wish to remain active practitioners within management. The aim of the Children and Young People’s Advanced Practice pathway is to guide and assess the knowledge and skills relating to the Children and Young People’s senior workforce.
What will I learn?
If you choose to take on this course, you must achieve 90 credits overall. A minimum of 66 of these credits must be at/above Level 5. Learners must achieve 6 mandatory units worth 30 credits in total and the other credits must come from optional units.
Some of the mandatory units’ you will focus on are designed to enhance your understanding of how to develop communication to allow for the development of health, safety and risk management procedures. You will also be expected to undertake a research project during your studies.
- You will be asked to complete and pass a written assessment before enrolment can happen. This is to determine if this level of study is appropriate for you.
- You will need to have a minimum Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT. If you do not hold a recognised qualification at Level 2, you will be required to complete these prior to completion of the course.
- You will already be working in the role of Deputy or Manager in an appropriate setting.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- All units are assessed by a designated assessor using a range of methods.
- Assessment methods will include direct observations in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.
Additional Costs and Information
- Duration of the course is typically 18 – 24 months for those new to the sector.
- You will need to be working the role of Deputy or Manager in an appropriate setting or should be carrying out the responsibilities associated with these roles.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Nursery Manager
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)
- Children's Nurse
- Child Psychologist