The Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner has been designed to support early years workers who hold a Level 3 early years or childcare qualification. The qualification provides an opportunity to build on your knowledge and understanding of early years practice, and develop skills that will promote quality, encourage leadership, prepare you for management responsibilities and allow for growth in coaching and mentoring others.This course will help you embracing the wealth of experience of the Level 3 early years workforce and challenge you in both your daily practice and theoretical understanding.
What will I learn?
You will cover 5 mandatory units. These are: enabling children to learn, promoting health and well-being through the physical activity and nutrition co-ordination (PANCo), working with others to support children with additional needs (including Special Educational Needs and Disability), working with families and other professionals in early years settings and implementing change in an early years setting incorporating a small scale research project.
Within the research project, you will be introduced to research, and the role of ethics when undertaking it. The theme selected will allow you to reflect on practice and use current research to produce recommendations for improvements to your own work setting, you will be implementing these recommendations and summarising your findings.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- All units are assessed by a designated assessor using a range of methods
- Assessments will include direct observations in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence and written assignments.
- You will be asked to complete and pass a written assessment before enrolment can happen. This is to determine if this level of study is appropriate.
- You are required to be employed in an Early Years setting at Level 3 to complete this qualification.
- If you do not have a recognised Level 2 in English and Maths you will need to complete this prior to the completion of the certificate.
Additional Costs and Information
The duration of the course is typically 18 – 24 months.
What Could I Do Next?
- NCFE CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (Early Years Management)- Foundation Degree (FdA) Early Years