Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
Are you passionate about caring for adults who struggle daily? This course is all about helping other people. You’ll be a caring individual who has a passion for supporting adults who constantly face difficulties whether it’s due to their age or their health.This qualification develops the knowledge and skills needed when working in a lead adult care worker role in a care setting. It covers a wide range of areas including supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health and social care procedures.This qualification will support you if you are keen to develop your knowledge and skills required to work in a range of clinical healthcare support settings and in an adult care environment.
What will I learn?
The qualification is formed of mandatory and optional units. You must achieve a minimum of 58 credits in order to gain the qualification; 28 of these will be from the mandatory units, and a minimum of 30 credits from the optional units.
On this course, you will learn about how to communicate, and how to promote effective handling of information. You will learn what the responsibilities of a care worker are and what your duty of care to patients is.
You will cover the topic of equality and inclusion, safeguarding and protection of adults, and promote health, safety and well-being of patients, too. This is just a small selection of topics that will be covered; all optional units will be discussed with you upon application to the course.
- You will be asked to complete and pass a written assessment before enrolment can happen. This is to determine if this level of study is appropriate for you.
- You need to be working in a setting for the duration of the course to show competence in both skills and knowledge.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- All units are assessed by a designated assessor using a range of methods. This will include direct observations in the workplace and written assignments.
Additional Costs and Information
- Duration of the course is a minimum of 18 months, with a maximum of 24 months.
- The cost of this course is £2882.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Learners can progress onto the following Wiltshire College and University Centre courses:- Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care.- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (Adult pathway qualifications).