Key course information
Apply for this course
This course is ideal for a caring individual who is passionate about caring for babies and children at their prime learning age. The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) will prepare you to become an Early Years Educators, enabling you to work with and care for children from birth to 5 years, and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years of age.Upon achievement of this qualification, it is intended that you will be able to enter the workforce as an Early Years Educators.You will need to be working in an early years setting as an important part of the assessment process involves evaluating real skills in real working situations.
What will I learn?
Within the diploma you will be focusing on three themes which all the units are based upon and these are; health and wellbeing, legislation, frameworks and professional practice, play, development and learning for school readiness.
Within the themes, you will be developing your understanding on how to support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition, how to promote children’s emotional wellbeing and your understanding in how to support children who are unwell. You will also be learning how to plan, lead and review play opportunities which support children’s learning and development, their transition to school and you will also learn how to develop your understanding of legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children.
- Initial Assessments
- You must be employed for a minimum of 15 hours per week in the appropriate setting.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- You must hold a Level 2 English and Maths qualification.
- This will enable staff with an EYE qualification and Level 2 English and mathematics qualifications to count in the Level 3 staff: child ratios in childcare settings.?
Additional Costs and Information
- Duration of the course is typically 18 – 24 months for those new to the sector.
- For those with the relevant qualifications and experience in the Early Years sector, the duration will be 12 – 18 months.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Nursery Manager
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)
- Children's Nurse
- Child Psychologist