This course is all about helping other people. You’ll be a caring individual who has a passion for supporting adults who face difficulties daily.The course covers a wide range of topics, such as dementia awareness, mental health and wellbeing, supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care, daily living needs and health care procedures.This qualification will support you if you are keen to develop your knowledge and skills required to work in a range of clinical healthcare support settings and in an adult care environment.
What will I learn?
The qualification is formed of mandatory and optional units. The mandatory units cover core competencies, while the optional units will allow you to choose from a variety of areas to tailor the qualification to your needs and interests, and to reflect the context of your work.
You must achieve a minimum of 46 credits in order to gain the qualification. 24 of these will be from the mandatory units, and a minimum of 22 credits from the optional units, which you can chose with your assessor.
On this course, you will learn about communication and how to handle information in care settings. You will be learning how to implement person-centred approaches in care settings, health and safety and well-being, and your duty of care to patients.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- All units are assessed by a designated assessor using a range of methods. This will include direct observations in the workplace and written assignments.
- If you have no recognised Maths and English qualifications at Level 2, including functional skills, you will be required to achieve this prior to completion.
- An Initial Assessment is undertaken to determine the starting point of learning and assessment and must be passed before enrolment can take place.
- You need to be employed or on a practical placement in a setting for the duration of the course (minimum of 16 hours a week). This is to show workplace competence.
Additional Costs and Information
- Duration of the course is a minimum of 12 months, with a maximum of 18 months.
- The cost of this course is £1113.
What Could I Do Next?
Once you complete this course, you can progress onto the following courses at Wiltshire College & University Centre:- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care - Level 3 Lead adult Care Worker Apprenticeship