Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
Do you work in a special needs environment or are you looking to start a career helping individuals who require specific care? This qualification aims to give you the knowledge of different specific learning difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. The qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area.
What will I learn?
This course consists of 5 mandatory units which highlight different areas regarding learning specific individuals' difficulties:
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understanding the context of Specific Learning Difficulties
To achieve the certificate for this course, you must successfully demonstrate you’ve understood each unit. But do not fear, if you are unsuccessful you will get the chance to resubmit your work within the registration period of 4 months.
You will need to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement within each unit. On completion of each unit, you will be asked to declare that the work produced is your own.
- You should be over the age of 19 at the start of the academic year.
- You need to have been a resident in the UK or EEA/EU for at least three years prior to enrolment.
- You cannot be enrolled if you are currently funded for another course.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means you do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a lecturer.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months.
Additional Costs and Information
If you wish to enroll on this course, you must complete an induction session prior to being enrolled.
This course is free however, we do have a £115 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
Please be aware that you can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Health and Social Care
- Occupational Therapist
- Community Outreach Worker
- Healthcare Assistant
- Care Worker
- Adult Nurse
- Youth Worker
- Social Worker