The purpose of this qualification is to increase your knowledge and awareness of Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety. Online activity is increasing at a rapid pace all around the world, this course will help you identify threats and provide you with the means to prevent serious problems where you work and safeguard those around you.
What will I learn?
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where they have a duty of care.
It is made up of 10 mandatory units as follows:
• Understand the Prevent duty
• Understand the terms radicalisation, extremism and terrorism
• Understand how to reduce the risk of radicalisation
• Understand the term safeguarding
• Understand the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
• Know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
• Know how to respond if abuse or harm is disclosed, suspected or alleged
• Understand the potential consequences of inappropriate or illegal online activity
• Understand how to reduce the risks posed online
• Know about potential signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
This course is delivered purely online with digital content. Upon enrolment Learners are sent login details for our e-assessor system where they will access all course materials including workbooks and questions. Learners will also submit all work via this system which will then be marked by an Assessor and feedback provided.
Due to the nature of these Distance Learning courses, the emphasis is very much on self-directed study.
Learners should be able to take all the information needed to complete the course from the Workbooks but will also receive high level support from their Assessor and the Distance Learning Team.
Each unit will have a set deadline so Learners can plan their study time to fit in with these dates.
Learners must be aged 19 years or over.
Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years.
Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of London, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority, the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, the West Midlands Combined Authority, the Tees Valley Combined Authority, the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland Combined Authority, the Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined Authority and the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
Additional Costs and Information
The allotted time for completion of this course is four months.
What Could I Do Next?
• Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning • Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People • Level 3 Certificate in Working with Vulnerable Young PeopleThis qualification may support progression toward the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead.