Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
The purpose of this qualification is to increase your knowledge and awareness of Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety. Online activity is increasing at a rapid pace all around the world, this course will help you identify threats. It will also provide you with the means to prevent serious problems where you work and safeguard those around you.By completing the qualification, you'll develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where you have a duty of care.
What will I learn?
This course consists of three units:
- Understanding the Prevent Duty
- Understanding safeguarding
- Understanding online safety
To achieve the certificate for this course, you must successfully demonstrate your achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units. Do not fear though, if you are unsuccessful in doing so you can resubmit work within the registration period.
You must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement within each unit. On completion of each unit, you will need to declare that the work produced is your own.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This is a distance learning course. This means you do not have to attend college for lessons or sessions with a Lecturer.
- You are given a personal log in to e-assessor, where you will submit your work for each unit.
- You will have 3 months to complete this course.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Upon completion of this course, you can progress on to the following Wiltshire College courses:- NCFE CACHE Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning - NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity - Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People