Key course information
Health and Social Care
Apply for this course
The purpose of the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Personal Care Needs is to give you specialist knowledge to support your work within the health and social care sectors.This qualification aims to focus on the study of personal care needs in the health and social care sectors and to offer you a breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge. The objective of this qualification is to give you specialist knowledge of how to support an individual with personal care needs.
What will I learn?
On this course, you will learn about person-centred care in a wide range of settings, which will provide you with the knowledge required to understand how to work in a person-centred way. You will also learn about how to support personal hygiene, pressure area care, foot care, and how to help people maintain oral health. You will also get an introduction and awareness of sepsis and how this can affect people, and who it may affect. You will also learn to understand signs, symptoms, causes and treatments of sepsis.
• Learners must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August).
• Must have lived in the UK or EU for the last three years.
• Must currently reside in England, in a post code outside of the Mayor of London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, Tees Valley, West Midlands and the North of Tyne Combined Authority NTCA.
• If aged 19-23, must hold a full Level 2 qualification or above in any subject (e.g., QCF Diploma Level 2, five GCSEs/O Levels grade A-C, two or three AS Levels, CSE grade 1 5 or more, one A Level, QCF Certificate, GNVQ Intermediate, First Diploma, NVQ Level 2, First Certificate or Principle of Learning Level 2).
• If aged 24+ no qualifications are required.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
All applicants must attend an induction session prior to being enrolled onto the course. A member of the team will contact you upon your registration to organise this. The session will cover all paperwork for the course and an opportunity to receive workbooks for the course to work from.
The course is free to enroll on, however, if a learner wishes to be withdrawn from the course at any point, or fails to submit their work in within the allotted time given to them by their assessor, they will be charged a £130 fee. This is explained to learners at their induction.
We now require all learners to submit unit 1 within the first month of their enrolment onto the course, otherwise they risk being withdrawn from the course and charged the £130 fee.
The allotted time for each learner to complete this course is 4 months. You can only complete 1 NCFE course at a time.
Additional Costs and Information
• This course is free however, we do have a £130 withdrawal charge if learners do not complete.
• Learners can only complete one NCFE course at a time.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: • Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care • Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care • Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care