An Operations / Departmental Manager is generally someone who will be managing large teams and / or projects and has responsibility for planning, delivering and achieving departmental goals and objectives.You may be a Senior Manager, a Head of Department or a small business owner who are responsible for the operational and / or policy delivery of the organisation’s strategy.This programme will support professional managers from all sectors - the private, public or third sector and all sizes of organisation. It is designed to provide access to development opportunities if you are looking to develop your management skills further.
What will I learn?
You will benefit from on programme assessment of knowledge, skills and behaviour as you work towards the final synoptic End Point Assessment. This could comprise of:
- Completion and achievement of a relevant Level 5 Diploma in Management or equivalent management qualification.
- Where a qualification is not used, there should be provision of underpinning knowledge with regular assessments to an equivalent standard, quality and scope that can be evidenced.
- Work Based Project.
- Development of a portfolio of evidence.
- Regular Performance Reviews: Regular performance reviews between apprentice and line manager.
- Feedback from line manager, direct reports, peers and customers / stakeholders (including 180/360 degree feedback or equivalent).
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End Point Assessment.
- The entry requirements for this apprenticeship will be decided by each employer but may typically be five GCSEs at grade C or higher.
- Wiltshire College offers applicants continuous enrolment dates throughout the year for this apprenticeship.
You must have secured a position with an employer and be ready to start working with them before you can begin your apprenticeship course.
If you already have an employer and they have agreed to put you through an apprenticeship, contact the Apprenticeship team and we'll get you started. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 345 2235.
If you don’t have an employer, you can still apply for an apprenticeship directly - check out our latest apprenticeship vacancies here: https://www.wiltshire.ac.uk/information/apprenticeship-faqs/apprenticeship-vacancies
Additional Costs and Information
The duration of this apprenticeship will take 12 to 18 months to complete and is delivered solely in the workplace.?
What Could I Do Next?
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Business and Management Practice (full-time) - ILM Level 3 Diploma Leadership & Management (Online Learning)