Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
HR Professionals are typically either, looking to work, or are working in a medium to large organisation as part of the HR function delivering front line support to managers and employees, or are a HR Manager in a small organisation.?Your work is likely to include handling day to day queries and providing HR advice; working on a range of HR processes, from recruitment through to retirement; using HR systems to keep records; providing relevant HR information to the business; working with the business on HR changes. You will typically be taking ownership for providing advice to managers on a wide range of HR issues, using company policy and current law, giving guidance that is compliant and where errors could expose the organisation to employment tribunals or legal risk.
What will I learn?
The HR Support apprenticeship equips individuals with the behaviours, practical skills and knowledge required to become a professional practitioner. ?As part of this apprenticeship, you will attend college one afternoon a week to complete the CIPD Level 3 qualification, which has eight modules designed to provide a broad range of knowledge and practical skills on which to build effective people management policies, procedures and practices in your organisation.
- The minimum requirement is GCSE grade 4 (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths, English and ICT.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- This apprenticeship takes approximately 12-18 months to complete.
- The knowledge, skills and behaviour elements will be assessed in the workplace using evidence to build a portfolio.?
- Functional Skills, if required, will generally be delivered at one of our Wiltshire College campuses.
- A mixture of on and off the job training provides a variety of learning opportunities across the whole programme.
Additional Costs and Information
You will need to join the CIPD as a student member. Please check current details and prices at the time of enrolment. Students who are already CIPD members do not have to pay any registration or subscription fees to the CIPD. However, those joining the CIPD for the first time, pay a fee for the year. This is made up of a first-time registration fee and a subscription fee - for current prices candidates should contact the CIPD direct and arrange to pay their fees directly to them once the programme has started.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
- Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship - Level 5 HR Consultant/Partner Apprenticeship