Esports is a competitive and professional sport centred around video games. It is an industry rapidly on the rise, with Global Esports revenues tipped to hit $1.8 billion by 2022! This fun and innovative Level 3 Esports course will help you gain the right skills to progress into the industry or to continue your development at University level. The course has been designed to provide students with the academic, technical and creative skills required to become a producer and leader in Eports and digital events. The assessment of this course is 100% coursework based and can include presentations, reports, written assessments and individual and group tasks. The types of tournaments which may feature during your course include Rocket League, Overwatch 2, Valorant and League Of Legends and you and your classmates will compete in the official British Esports Championships.
What will I learn?
• Graphic Design, Branding and Marketing of your team, tournaments and projects in real life and on Twitch
• Video Production
• Camera Operation and Handling
• Live Broadcasting
• Events Management
• Script and copywriting
• Game Strategy
• Professional Social Media in Esports
The transferable skills required to be successful in the industry are numerous, including having good teamworking skills as well as a good insight into team strategy, but also entrepreneurship, health, well-being, fitnessenterprise skills, cyber skills and digital literacy.
Projects will include:
• Setting up Media Channels (Twitch and Youtube) for Live Streaming with Branding
• Merchandise Design and Production
• Pre/During/Post Game Commentaries
• Producing live gaming events and tournaments
• Marketing your esports team
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Students taking this course will receive a UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production – which is equivalent to 3 A Levels. The course offers up to 168 UCAS Points.
• 4 GCSEs at grade 4 or equivalent, including English and/or Maths (or Merit or Distinction in a related subject at Level 2).
• A satisfactory interview.
Additional Costs and Information
£100 equipment, materials and trips fee to cover core equipment and domestic trips.
What Could I Do Next?
Working in Esports, Live Events Management, Video Production, Apprenticeships in Video Production, Marketing and/or Events, BA (Hons) in Esports, BA (Hons) in Business/Events Management, Y14 in Creative Enterprise, Running own freelance independent career in Games Content Production, Working in Games Industries as Media Content Producer/Manager.