As a business administrator you will gain a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. Employment can be within small and large businesses; public sector, private sector and charitable sector. Your role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
What will I learn?
This Apprenticeship equips individuals with a wide breadth of skills to include IT, Quality, planning and organisation, record and document production, communication and decision making, project management.
Tasks undertaken within your role will vary depending on level and the sector of employment. You will need strong communication and organisation skills to handle a wide variety of tasks and to identify a suitable project to be external assessed.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
- The Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills, if required,will generally be delivered at one of our Wiltshire College campuses.
- A mixture of on and off the job training provides a variety of learning opportunities across the whole programme.
- Minimum requirement is GCSE grade C (4) (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
You must have secured a position with an employer and be ready to start working with them before you can begin your apprenticeship course.
If you already have an employer and they have agreed to put you through an apprenticeship, contact the Apprenticeship team and we'll get you started. Email email@example.com or call 0845 345 2235.
If you don’t have an employer, you can still apply for an apprenticeship directly - check out our latest apprenticeship vacancies here: https://www.wiltshire.ac.uk/information/apprenticeship-faqs/apprenticeship-vacancies
Additional Costs and Information
To assist you during your apprenticeship, you may be required to purchase some equipment and resources to support you during your course.
What Could I Do Next?
- Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor Apprenticeship - Level 4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship