Key course information
Hair and Beauty
Apply for this course
Are you passionate about beauty therapy and looking to progress your skills to the next level? This course will help you build a strong set of specialist skills and technical knowledge, which will prepare you to work in the beauty and spa therapy industry or to seek further employment. You’ll learn and work in the Aspire Academy of Hair and Beauty, the College’s own salon located at our Trowbridge, Chippenham and Salisbury campuses. The salons feature professional products and industry-standard equipment; you’ll experience a realistic and immersive working environment while being fully supported by our experienced lecturers. In our salons you will work with members of the general public who are paying clients, giving you an incredible insight into the real world of work – both on reception and in the salon itself.
What will I learn?
You’ll cover a wide range of advanced practical skills, developing your knowledge alongside hands-on work to prepare you for a career in the beauty and spa therapy industry.
The following units are compulsory:
• Promote and sell products and services to clients
• Provide body massage
• Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
• Provide body electrotherapy treatments
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Provide dry spa treatments
Additional areas include:
• Provide electrical epilation
• Provide Indian head massage
• Tanning treatments
• Apply individual semi-permanent lash treatments
• Research advancements within the beauty industry
• Monitor and maintain the client’s spa journey
• Provide body stone therapy treatments
• To enrol on this course, you must have successfully completed a Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Therapy or have completed equivalent industry experience.
• Work experience in the beauty industry is essential for Level 3.
• A good reference.
• A good record of attendance.
• An interview.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
To achieve this qualification, you must successfully complete the following assessments:
• One externally set, externally moderated practical assignment
• One externally set, externally marked theory exam
A minimum of six hours per week of home study is required and 60 hours of work experience.
You will be assessed while working on clients in the Aspire salons throughout the duration of the course.
The final qualification is a Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Beauty and Spa Therapy.
Additional Costs and Information
You will need a uniform and kit for this course – this will be discussed at your interview. In cases of financial hardship, funds may be available to help with the cost of this.
We also arrange educational activities and competitions as part of the course, which may incur an additional cost.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
You’ll be in a strong position to find work in the beauty and spa therapy industries, or you could progress onto a Level 4 qualification in advanced techniques or management, such as a Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy.