If you’re interested in technology, programming, hardware, the internet, web design, games and graphics, this course will enable you to develop your knowledge and prepare for your future. You will study a wide range of topics that will open doors to further study in IT, computing, games development and related areas, while also developing the broader skills required to work in the rapidly-growing IT industry.
What will I learn?
You’ll develop your digital skills in a range of different ways including:
• Investigating technology systems in objects used within daily life such as laptops and routers
• Exploring uses of the internet and web including social media networking sites
• Creating your own digital portfolio using web pages and multimedia
• Developing websites and creating digital graphics
• Gaining practical skills to build and repair computer hardware
• Analysing and investigating how we use spreadsheet applications and mobile applications in modern businesses
You will also develop important skills for the workplace or further study such as self-organisation, researching, communication and teamworking.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
The final qualification you will gain on successful completion of the course is the BTEC First Extended Certificate in Information and Creative Technology.
• 4 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above (or equivalent) including English and maths.
• A good reference.
• A satisfactory interview.
Additional Costs and Information
There are no additional costs on this course.
What Could I Do Next?
Having successfully completed the course you could go on to further study such as the Level 3 BTEC Diploma in IT or BTEC Diploma in Games Development. Alternatively, you could go on to an Apprenticeship in IT, or directly into employment in technical sales, office administration, computer user support, or hardware installation and maintenance.