Key course information
Apply for this course
Whether you’re just leaving school and want to join the automotive industry, or are already employed and want to enhance your skills with a relevant qualification, or would just like to develop your working knowledge of vehicle electrics, this Level 2 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Principles could be the perfect course for you.This course has been designed for those students who have either successfully completed the IMI Level 1 or Level 2 Diploma, or those who have prior achievement in other relevant subject areas, and are interested in vehicle electrical systems.
What will I learn?
During this course you will be taught in the College's workshops and technical classrooms over three days a week and you will learn about vehicle electrical principles, vehicles starting and charging systems, auxiliary electrical systems and use of electrical testing equipment.
Units covered will be:
- Skills & Knowledge in Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Skills & Knowledge in Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Skills & Knowledge in Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Skills & Knowledge in Locating and Correcting Simple Electrical Faults in the Automotive Workplace
- Skills & Knowledge Skills in Enhancing Vehicle Electrical Systems
- Skills & Knowledge in Removing and Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Units and Components
- Skills & Knowledge in Removing and Fitting Basic Light Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical and Trim
Successful completion of the IMI Level 1 or Level 2 Diploma, or prior relevant achievement of other subject areas, and English and Maths GCSE at Grade 4/C or above.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Students on this course will sit IMI online examinations and undertake vehicle and workshop based practical assessments as well as completing a wide range of units based around vehicle electrics.
Additional Costs and Information
You will stationary, overalls and safety boots.
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses
Students will normally use this qualification to move into apprenticeships or you may choose to progress onto these following careers, Automotive Engineer, Service Technician, Vehicle electrician or Motorsport Technician.