Key course information
Business, Finance and Management
Apply for this course
This nationally recognised qualification is suitable for practising middle managers, or those with prior experience in a supervisory or management role, seeking to develop their leadership and motivational skills, improve personal and team performance and be prepared for senior management responsibilities.During the course you will explore different leadership styles used to motivate, delegate and empower others, including the use of emotional intelligence theories; develop your understanding and ability to manage recruitment; understand the market within which your organisation operates and the effectiveness of its own marketing strategies.There are 4 madatory workshops to attend and 3 optional workshhops to attend delivered over 1 day per month.The qualification comes with a minimum of 1 year’s free ILM Studying Membership giving access to resources and tools including: Management Intelligence; Career Development and the Learning Zone. Membership can be upgraded to Professional Membership, which, among its benefits, permits you to use post-nominal letters.If you are an employer and require one or more employees to enrol onto this course please contact 0845 345 2235 or BusinessDevelopment@wiltshire.ac.uk
What will I learn?
The course consists of the following units:
• Becoming an Effective Leader (mandatory workshop)
• Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation (mandatory workshop)
• Managing recruitment (mandatory workshop)
• Understanding the Importance of Marketing for an Organisation (optional workshop)
• Understanding Financial Management (mandatory workshop)
Successful completion of this course will enable you to understand:
• Your own ability to fulfil the key responsibilities of a leader and evaluate and improve your own ability to lead others with the use of a personal development plan.
• The effectiveness of your organisation in dealing with workplace stress and conflict and improve the management of these within your area of responsibility
• The role of human resource planning and implementation of recruitment in accordance with legal and organisational requirements.
• The role of the marketing function, the market within which your organisation operates and the effectiveness of its marketing
There are no formal entry requirements required for this course, however all applicants are required to take part in an informal telephone interview to ensure that they are applying for the correct course level to suit their needs.
Study, Assessment and Qualifications
Each unit is assessed via an assignment consisting of an average of 2000 words for each unit.
Tutorial support is available throughout the course, both face to face and via email if required.
Self-managed research is necessary and full access is available to Wiltshire College Learning Resource Centres (LRC’s).
Additional Costs and Information
Course materials and awarding body registration fees are included. VAT is not applicable.
Following completion of this course, you will be invited to attend a formal Graduation Ceremony at Salisbury Cathedral.
If you have any questions please contact 0845 345 2235 or BusinessDevelopment@wiltshire.ac.uk
What Could I Do Next?
On completion of your course you may choose to progress onto these following courses